Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 23 Rest & repairs day




Well I am now home - the sun is out it is a beautiful day - when my cold is a bit better time to head for the beach !



Just rebuilt bike from the plane transfer - unfortunately it has sustained damage from the flight- the front right fork opening seems to have been crushed somehow - so I have had to spend some time untwisting it and trying to open to get the front wheel back in - bike is not happy and the alignment is out so will have to spend some more time on this or visit bike shop. A pity planes and baggage lorries dont have bike rack system etc it seems stange that in the modern world one has to spend so much time altering bike for flight only for the bike to be damaged - I am sure a few design upgrades in plane holds etc could easily avoid all these problems. And maybe one day in the future one could just wheel the bike on or off. I remember a time when I just had to deflate the tyres ...

Charity Update - Great Ormond Street childrens hospital appeal has now reached £1090 so now a bit closer to achieving the new target of £1143... Many many thanks to everyone who has helped supported these two excellent charities...


I have ' Panda cycle arms ' lower arms brown and upper top arms bright white ! Legs not too bad today - However I have a bit of a cold/chesty cough but hopefully this will pass in a day or two.
My little nephew seems to love his tractor game action book :)
Green Dragon




No comments: