Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rain Rain again ! & dog attacks


Started from Rathdrum at 8.20am arrived about 3pm. Raining when I Left Rathdrum and it carried on raining all day with only a short 40min break.This was when I was able to take picture and you can see the next downpour on the horizon ! which rained on me heavily into Wexford town.The Rain made it really hard going today.Also I was Attacked by 2 dogs today,one I managed to cycle away from while the other one sank its teeth into my left pannier- rocking the bike until I almost fell off ! I am Glad my cycle shoes are pretty hard and a dogs nose is soft ! Odometer shows 181km cycled.Current location N52 20.254 W006 27.792Wexford. Actually the sun did come out in Wexford - that is about 10 mins AFTER I got off the bike and stored it away! It was a longish cycle today and the rain means I am pretty tired. I have a longer distance to cycle tomorrow so I will need to try to be up in the morning much earlier than today [I left today at 8.20am] . I was bitten pretty badly by mites in bed at hostel in rathdrum and have large collection of bites all down shins of both legs - and they are still itching now. A few pains in right knee this morning so I adjusted the height of the saddle and seems to have eased it a little. I am 5 kilos in body weight lighter than last year and this is helping also I have only 8 kilos packed in panniers - last year I had 22 kilos ! Still the bike is pretty heavy to ride up the hills. I am enjoying the odd but daily drink of irish back nectar however I have to say it was rather expensive in Dublin.

Green dragon

No comments: